Siesta Key was voted the number one beach for its beautiful sandy beaches and gorgeous views. Couples seek out this destination to exchange vows in their own stretch of paradise.
Wedded Bliss and Sandy Beaches
Getting married can be stressful. Being at the beach takes a lot of the stress away and eases the soul into a new phase of life. Known as “Little Sarasota Key,” this perfect paradise is a barrier island between Sarasota and the Gulf of Mexico. The water is warm, coral reefs are great for snorkeling, and beaches offer rest. Families and couples who join together in holy matrimony will love exploring all the beaches have to offer. Weddings take place year round in Siesta Key, but there are some very beautiful spaces to explore as options for a tropical wedding on the most gorgeous beach in Florida.
- Tropical Breeze Resort: a top notch beach resort offers a tropical garden setting with overnight accommodations for guests. Transportation is easy when everything is taken care of. IDeal for weddings up to 120 people with two reception sites: Pool House and Garden Area.
- Sunset Beach Resort: family-owned wedding venue with several indoor and outdoor sites. Have a ceremony and reception all in one place. Rehearsal dinner to next-day brunch on the beach is available at this waterfront property.
- Ritz-Carlton is a popular choice for brides and grooms-to-be. Think picturesque venues and planning services with accommodations for everyone in the family. Bring a fairytale to life with custom arrangements, upscale dining and resort services and throw in palm trees and turquoise waters as a backdrop to an unforgettable, sophisticated wedding day
- Lido Beach Resort: perfect for a laid-back and natural type of wedding. Features 300 feet of white sandy beach, two heated pools, indoor venues, and resort amenities to boot. Offers custom wedding packages to suit everyone’s needs.
- Resort at Longboat Key Club: luxury destination in beautiful tropical paradise. Professional event organizers will help make the event perfect from the smallest details to the biggest finishes. Hosts up to 300 guests with beautiful views of the ocean and beach as a backdrop.
Choose a Siesta Key Wedding Venue
With all the choices, it can be hard to decide on a place to get married. When so many options are located on or near a beach with water views, it helps to keep some things in mind when planning that perfect local or destination wedding:
- Keep a checklist of things including costs, rain options, caterers off-site, rental companies, and more
- Pick a public or private venue and research fees. Private beaches may include fees but public spaces may require additional fees (think public park areas)
- Check guest count. Larger weddings come with bigger fees. Create a budget and stick to it when selecting guests
- Simple is often easier. Think minimal on attire, food, flowers, etc. More extravagant weddings will increase costs
- Stay local with vendors who offer food from the area and rent sound equipment, glasses, and amenities from the area to keep it simple
- Keep a backup plan in case of weather changes. Look for venues with indoor and outdoor options or rent tents, canopies, or pavilions just in case (also good on hotter, sunny days to cool down)
Where do guests park for weddings?
Wedding guests can use private parking at resorts typically or look for free parking at public venues and along the street. Check into this before booking a venue and know how many guests to expect. Think about shuttles or transportation to and from accommodation and wedding venue if needed.
When is the best time to get married in Siesta Key?
The best time is anytime. There are many activities to do before and after a wedding for guests. Storm season is usually in the fall around September through October so check regional forecasts and trends but also talk to venues to find out best times. Some days are cheaper than others (often midweek) as are off-peak months away from June-August.
Where is the best place to get married?
There are all kinds of places to get married from big resorts to small sandy beaches and everything in between. It depends on the couple and the size of their wedding and desires for their perfect day. Big resorts will offer lots of amenities while a more casual wedding may be planned on a beach during sunset with a handful of people. It all depends on the couple. Check with local laws and regulations before planning a low-key beach wedding for permits and fees. Resorts typically handle this for couples.