Nokomis Beach is south of Casey Key with rich, beautiful sandy beaches to explore and unobstructed views of the water. The laid back atmosphere and low key crowds draw in families to this free public beach for some fun in the sun.
Fun for Everyone At Nokomis Beach
Nokomis Beach is bordered by Sarasota and Venice. Smaller in scale but not adventure, the town itself offers great shopping in a relaxed atmosphere. It is a bit ‘old world’ Florida while not losing the charm that draws visitors to the sandy beaches. The slower pace lets families and visitors come find something fun to do but also take it easy. Everyone who comes has some choices to make when it comes to what is great about Nokomis.
- Nokomis has plenty of accommodations nearby including resorts, hotels, AirBnBs and other vacation rentals though most accommodation is away from the beachfront but within a few minutes walk (or ride)
Nokomis Beach Map
Located in Casey Key bordering Sarasota and Venice. This beautiful, quieter beach has free parking nearby and a boardwalk. Beach access is easy and families can come for the picnic spots along with a free sand volleyball court. There are plenty of places to stay nearby. Located on Casey Key, follow Albee Road over the drawbridge to the beach.
Nokomis Beach Equipment Rentals
Visits to the beach can be fun but also difficult because there is a need to grab equipment to enjoy the beach or just get around. To have fun and relax, leave it to the pros. Check out some essential things to pick up around Nokomis Beach:
- Grab some food and drinks from a concession stand open nearby. Menu includes sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream and more. Free parking available along with picnic tables and restrooms.
- Lifeguards on duty year round
- Pick up a beach wheelchair at no cost with transportation from parking areas to the shore
- Beach toys, rafts, and other items are available for purchase
- Scooters and bikes make it a fun trip to the beach. Several companies provide two-wheeled cruisers, e-bikes, and trailers to carry smaller children
- Check out watercraft like kayaks and canoes to launch nearby from local shops who will drop and pick up for customers
- Fishing: visitors come for some of the best fishing in the area. Consider a charter boat, renting a boat, or visit North Jetty Park and fish solo. The long, rock-lined North Jetty is great for anglers to grab some snapper, tarpon, and snook among others. North Jetty Fish Camp sells tackle, bait, and other things fishermen need. Be aware of fishing regulations and purchase a license to fish for a little bit of money and a lot of fun
- Go hunting with family or friends for shark’s teeth found washed up on the beach. These ancient treasures make a fun take-home gift
Nokomis Beach Drum Circle
The Nokomis Beach Drum Circle happens near the lifeguard tower every Wednesday and Saturday night. Times vary but plan to arrive around 6 p.m. to hang out and watch the sunset and listen (or participate) in the drumming. A family-friendly event lasting an hour. Watch dancers or join in the fun
Nokomis Beach FAQ
A: Nokomis Public Beach is north of Venice. Parking is freely available and easily accessible. High season can limit spots so arrive early. The walk to the beach is short and sweet.
A: There are two snack bars that sell beer and wine and people can bring drinks on the beach.
A: This family-friendly event is a tradition at Nokomis Beach. Come the first Friday of each month during the season to watch. Drums, dancing, and a fun, relaxing evening will happen right on the sand late evening.
Activities To Check Out
Locations To Check Out
Trip Tips from our Blog
American Restaurants in Sarasota
Restaurants serving American food in Sarasota offer some of the best cuisines in Florida. Want to eat near the...
Bad Things About Sarasota, Florida
Sarasota is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Florida. Living here is a dream for many people...
Best Cocktails in Sarasota
Quench your thirst for a great drink with one of Sarasota’s many craft cocktails. Sarasota County is known for...
Best Nightclubs in Sarasota, Florida
Sarasota is a whole scene, from shopping to beaches and places to drink, dance, and dine. There is nothing...
Best Parks in Sarasota
Florida can be quite hot in summer but offers temperate weather the rest of the year. While tropical storms...
Best Restaurants in Lido Beach
Dining out on Lido Key is a real treat for visitors and locals alike. From the fantastic ocean views...
Best Restaurants in St Armands
Dining out in Sarasota is one of the best ways to explore the city’s fine cuisine. From low-key beach-themed...
Best Seafood in Siesta Key
One of the best things about Siesta Key is the scenery and abundance of fresh seafood available day or...
Best Siesta Key Nail Salons
When it comes to relaxation and self-care, Siesta Key is the perfect destination. In addition to its pristine beaches...