Coquina Beach is a wide, flat stretch of sandy shore that seems to go for miles. The longest stretch of beach on Anna Maria Island, it is located on the southern end of this beautiful, tranquil island paradise. Coquina Beach is relaxing with tranquil waters for activities like swimming, boating, or just enjoying a view of the Gulf. Find out why people love to visit this island paradise.
Coquina Beach Paradise
There is more than meets the eye at this visually stunning strip of paradise. Coquina Beach is at the southern end of Anna Maria Island in Sarasota. This large stretch of sand has footpaths and boardwalks, ideal for individuals and families to enjoy a little stroll on the beach. Come to Coquina Beach for the slower pace but enjoy all the amenities on offer. Some of the best things to do around this part of the island:
- Coquina Beach Cafe offers a casual meal and sunset views. Start a morning in paradise with a cool sip of juice and a bite to eat, grab a nibble midday or stay for the views later in the day. Cool off with ice cream or go to the Tiki Bar to cool off with a frozen beverage. Families and vacationers will enjoy tables on the sand, making it feel like everyday is paradise
- Check out the nearest boat launch just across the street. Footpaths and boardwalks lead around the lagoons lined with mangrove trees. Take a stroll and enjoy the view or go fishing
- Sea turtles come to nest from May 1-Oct 31. Be aware of their protected status and do not approach their nests or touch the turtles. Remove beach furniture before nightfall and enjoy the view from afar with binoculars
- Stroll the beach and check out vendors offering crafts, collectables, plants, and produce at the Coquina Beach Market. This beautiful outdoor market has everything people need to make their stay fun and enjoyable
Coquina Beach Map
Coquina Beach is located on the southern tip of Anna Maria Island. Located in Manatee County in the Gulf of Mexico, the gorgeous sandy beach is the longest stretch on the island. Take advantage of free parking nearby with boardwalks and footpaths. Families can enjoy all amenities on offer while others might want to try some of the water activities like boating or swimming. Lots of vacation rentals, hotels, and resorts are near and on the beach for enjoyment of all guests. Coquina Beach is accessible from Bradenton via Cortez Road or Manatee Avenue.
Coquina Beach Equipment Rentals
When visiting Coquina Beach, visitors need to know how best to get around. By foot or pedal power, plenty of options exist. Let’s explore some options for the entire family to enjoy:
- Restrooms, showers, and pavilions are available for families to picnic
- Concession gift shop on the beach also rents equipment and has goods available for purchase to enjoy a day on the beach
- The local restaurant cafe on site has great food available for purchase or bring food for a day in the sand
- Gift shops and other places to rent and purchase goods are available around Bradenton Beach nearby
- Hop the trolley to get around or visit local e-bike, bicycle, and other such shops for equipment to get around
- Beach cruisers for the sand and regular bicycles or other things may be rented from nearby shops and delivered. Check with each company about delivery fees
Coquina Beach FAQ
A: Coquina Beach is the least crowded on Anna Maria Island. Parking is at 6 Street South or the main entrance of Gulf Drive South, a short distance from the beach.
A: Coquina Beach has a boat launch located across the street from the beach on the Intracoastal Waterway side. This is also a point of launching other watercraft.
A: Coquina Beach has an open air market and cafe to eat and grab locally sourced food or beverages
Activities To Check Out
Locations To Check Out
Trip Tips from our Blog
American Restaurants in Sarasota
Restaurants serving American food in Sarasota offer some of the best cuisines in Florida. Want to eat near the...
Bad Things About Sarasota, Florida
Sarasota is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Florida. Living here is a dream for many people...
Best Nightclubs in Sarasota, Florida
Sarasota is a whole scene, from shopping to beaches and places to drink, dance, and dine. There is nothing...
Best Parks in Sarasota
Florida can be quite hot in summer but offers temperate weather the rest of the year. While tropical storms...
Best Restaurants in Lido Beach
Dining out on Lido Key is a real treat for visitors and locals alike. From the fantastic ocean views...
Best Romantic Restaurants in Sarasota
Intro Visitors to Sarasota can enjoy fine food and cuisine from all corners of the world. From seafood to...
Best Seafood in Siesta Key
One of the best things about Siesta Key is the scenery and abundance of fresh seafood available day or...
Best Siesta Key Nail Salons
When looking for the best Siesta Key nail salon, there are many to choose from but a few standouts....
Best Spots for Breakfast in Siesta Key
Siesta Key is a relaxing paradise. Situated on the Gulf Coast, it offers sun and sand every day for...