Sarasota is a whole scene, from shopping to beaches and places to drink, dance, and dine. There is nothing better than finding a great club to dance to the night away or listen to great music.
Shake and Groove the Night Away
Heading out into the night in Sarasota provides a different vista than during the day. Gone are the sandy beaches and sunsets, and out comes the beautifully dressed men and women, ready to have a good time dancing the night away. Tucked into small corners or looming large beachside, some of the best nightclubs in Florida are right in Sarasota. Check them out:
- Throb Nightclub: located in the north Sarasota district amongst warehouses and machine shops, visitors have to know where to find this elusive club. The club is gay-and-lesbian friendly with a location off the main strip so people can let loose and have fun. Come for the midnight drag show or stay to listen to the DJ spin house music and other grooves guaranteed to keep people dancing all night
- White Buffalo Saloon: Popular country tunes are the name of the game to get men and women in boots and jeans to dance the night away. This place is one for country-loving visitors and locals who want to enjoy some good old honky tonk and similar tunes played til the sun comes up
- Beach Club Sarasota: open with drinks and a large dance floor with a mix of DJs ready to provide dance tunes all night long. Two bars with the best drinks in town offer a full experience of a nightclub right in the heart of Sarasota
Find the Best Nightclubs in Sarasota
Heading out into the abyss of nightclubs, it is hard to decide on just one (or two) to check out. Some are large, some are small, but all provide a great time for different crowds. Here are some tips on finding the perfect nightclub for a nightcap:
- Beach clubs: from dinner to champagne and parties with DJs, there are clubs with beach access to keep the party going waterfront long into the night. Look for places on or near the beach for the best access
- Siesta Key Drum Circle: not into big scenery nightclubs? Turn the beach into a disco party with some drums, music, and throngs of people every Sunday on Englewood Beach or Wednesday and Saturday on Nokomis Beach for unconventional club fun
- Rooftop Bars: for a low-key vibe with a bar, check out Westin for panoramic views of the Gulf and happy hour at sunset. Sage is a rooftop bar not attached to a hotel with libations flowing freely. Take a sip and drink while dancing with friends and enjoying the rooftop access and view.
When is the best time to visit nightclubs in Sarasota?
Head offseason in April or May and September through November for great access without long lines. Spring break times in March and April can be tricky at or height of summer but check out which places look fun and full of energy or low-key, depending on your style of going out before heading into a club.
Where is parking in Sarasota for nightclubs?
there is public access to parking garages and spaces available at some clubs. Public transportation, ride-sharing, and more are also available depending on your accommodation.