Sarasota, Florida is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, attracting tourists and locals alike. While soaking up the sun and enjoying the ocean views, you may crave a refreshing drink or a bite to eat. Luckily, Sarasota is also home to a variety of beach bars where you can enjoy delicious food and drinks while taking in the stunning scenery. In this article, we’ll explore why Sarasota beach bars are a great addition to your beach experience and highlight some of the best beach bars in Sarasota.
Why Sarasota Beach Bars are Great
Beach bars offer a unique and relaxed atmosphere that is perfect for enjoying the beach lifestyle. With a cold drink in hand and the sound of waves crashing in the background, it’s easy to let go of your worries and enjoy the moment. Beach bars also offer a convenient option for grabbing a bite to eat, allowing you to stay on the beach and maximize your time in the sun.
Best Beach Bars in Sarasota
The Sandbar: The Sandbar is located on Anna Maria Island, just a short drive from Sarasota. This beachfront restaurant and bar offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, delicious food and drinks, and live music on weekends.
The Beach Club: The Beach Club is located on Lido Key Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Sarasota. This beachfront bar and grill offers a variety of food and drink options, as well as beach chair and umbrella rentals.
The Sunset Bar & Grill: The Sunset Bar & Grill is located on the beach at the south end of Siesta Key. This casual beach bar offers a laid-back atmosphere, delicious food and drinks, and stunning views of the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico.
Full List of Bars on the Beach in Sarasota
- The Sandbar
- The Beach Club
- The Sunset Bar & Grill
- Siesta Key Oyster Bar
- Sharky’s on the Pier
- The Cottage
- Lido Beach Resort Tiki Bar
- Coquina Beach Club
- The Gulf Drive Cafe
- The Beach House Restaurant
These beach bars are a great addition to any beach experience in Sarasota. With their relaxed atmosphere, delicious food and drinks, and stunning ocean views, they offer a unique and convenient option for enjoying the beach lifestyle. From Anna Maria Island to Siesta Key, Sarasota is home to a variety of beach bars that are sure to please any beachgoer.
Planning on Visiting one of these Sarasota Beach Bars?
If you’re planning on visiting a beach bar in Sarasota, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
- Dress comfortably: Beach bars are typically very casual, so dress in comfortable clothing and shoes that can handle sand and water. Don’t forget to bring a cover-up or towel if you plan on swimming or sunbathing.
- Bring cash: Many beach bars only accept cash, so make sure to bring some with you. You may also want to bring a small amount of cash to tip your bartender or server.
- Check the hours: Beach bars may have different hours than regular bars, so make sure to check their hours of operation before heading out.
- Plan ahead: Some beach bars may have a long wait time, especially during peak hours or weekends. Consider making a reservation or arriving early to secure a spot.
- Take advantage of the beach activities: Many beach bars offer beach activities such as paddleboarding, kayaking, or beach volleyball. Take advantage of these activities to fully enjoy your time at the bar.
- Respect others: Beach bars are a communal space, so be respectful of others around you. Keep noise levels down, clean up after yourself, and be mindful of others’ space.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can enjoy your time at a beach bar in Sarasota to the fullest. Whether you’re looking to relax with a cold drink, enjoy delicious food, or participate in beach activities, there’s something for everyone at these unique beachside bars.